Sign up to receive blog updates in your inbox!

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Koundara dancing kids

These are the kids that live right around the mission house in Koundara. They love cameras!They are a mixture of Peuhl and Konyagui. They spoke very little if any French. I tried to organize a game of "Red Rover" but underestimated their competitive drive. On one run, a larger boy took out a smaller one, slammed him chest down onto the ground. I thought I was at an American football practice or something. Yeah, that kinda put a damper on things. I told the bigger kids to aim for the bigger kids. I then handed out some animal crackers (thanks Mom) and called it a day. Maybe my next attempt at playing a game will be less violent:)

2 comments:

Ken Loyd said...

Hi Daniel and Stephanie. These kids look like any typical VBS recreation time! Sometimes you don't even need a common language to communicate, do you?

Amanda said...

Thanks for the comment Stephanie! I enjoy watching your videos and getting updates from Preacher Tony and Jan, but you're right - somehow I'm not on your newsletter list. Could you please add me? My email is amanda.talbert@gmail.com Thank you. We are always praying for you guys and we miss you terribly!